I don't know anything about who did this or the story behind it, I just saw it on The Daily Time Waster's site and thought it so cool that I wanted to share.
Good afternoon, What will follow is a cut & paste from Battlesight Zero. It's a story about Sgt Robert Hughes, USMC. In a world of glorified pansies and "toxic masculinity", it's important we honor the real men, those who should be household names but only attain notoriety in their small circles because "someone may be offended" or, worse, but true, it doesn't fit the agenda. Imagine a world of Robert Hughes being pervasive throughout our society - what the selfless courage, determination, and will to prevail would mean for a country where that was the heroic standard, not how many times you can make a rubber ball go through a hoop. Anyway, on with the first installment of "People You Should Know": In Vietnam, scuba trained Force Recon Marines conducted combat diving as a collateral duty. Dive teams supported both the Army and Marines, performing a wide range of missions. Bridge inspections were a common task. Teams als...
There is so much unknown at this time. The panic level is off the charts. Panic is never a good response to anything, but the rise of it can lead us to reasoned action. So, how much of the underlying emotion leading to this panic is justified? I do believe the MSM has been yelling "Fire" in crowded theater. But, we're not even sure there is smoke yet. It has already been a wild, disastrous ride economically and many are going to find themselves between a rock and a hard place. I'm no socialist, but I hope apartment landlords and bank mortgage managers allow some grace while we get through this. Sending families by the thousands out onto the streets because they lived paycheck to paycheck is not in the best interest of this country. Here is a link of the David Harris Jr show interviewing Gary Heavin , a health care expert. It's long at an hour, but I won't bury the lead: he said this could be worse than the Spanish Flu due to the incubati...
Yesterday morning, Italy released new numbers as reported by Fox News . You can do the math, but it comes out to a 9% mortality rate, much higher than the rest of the world. In fact, somewhere else on the interwebz, where exactly I can't remember, think it was BBC, reported a world wide death rate that comes out to about 4%. That is much higher than has been modeled, but a few things are going on here from what I can see. First, Italy's health system appears to be overwhelmed with people being triaged and wheeled into corners to die without any medical care. Those are the stories which are coming out, and these numbers are on the heels of videos coming out of Italy saying the media is under-reporting (of all things) the severity of the illness. This brings up stories of the Spanish Flu and how the death rates from the same contagion today would be lower now simply due to the care, rest, fluids, and sanitation we can provide in a modern society... or can we? Ita...